Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Its super easy to make and really good. I got it from my Mother in Law.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice potatoes.
- Put melted butter into 9X13 pan. Spread hash browns on top.
- Combine sour cream, soup, onions, and milk. Pour over potatoes. Cover with cheese. Top with cornflakes.
- Bake 1 hour.
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the green onions as my kids wouldn't have eaten it then. I also wasn't sure why step 2 of the directions says to slice the potatoes. I didn't top with corn flakes as I didn't have any. This was a different side dish for us. We thought it could have used some salt and pepper though. Made for Fall PAC 2008.
Ok, I have been making this exact dish for many years...and it is a family favorite as well as a favorite with anyone who tastes it. Awesome dish! I am told it is similar to Cracker Barrel's hash brown casserole. I don't know...all I know is that it is fabulous!!