Prep 24 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is my variation on a recipe from the American civil war.
- Wash potatoes and carrots carefully.
- Grate the potatoes & carrots together.
- Let drain in a colander to get rid of excess moisture.
- Press the carrots & potatoes together into a small or large ball.
- Steam in the water in a steaming basket for about 2-3 minutes.
- Optionally you could boil them until they float to the serfice of the boiling liquid(the liquid just has to be drinkable & not poisonious to anybody).
- Add salt and pepper then serve.
A very interesting idea and I can really have this more when on a diet or recovering from illness.
I didn't have a steaming basket, so I just fried this in a skillet with a little oil, like hash browns. Simple and different! Made for PAC '08.