Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious melt in your mouth appetizer. For Zaar World Tour 8
- 1 lb potato, coarsely ground
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons sweet butter
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) firm goat cheese
- salad greens and fresh thyme (to garnish)
- Squeeze all of the liquid out of the potatoes with your hands, then add the thyme, garlic , scallions and seasonings.
- Heat half the oil and butter in a non stick frying pan. Drop two large spoonfuls of the potato mixture in the oil, press down with spoon. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and drain. Repeat with rest of mixture, keeping the others warm.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the cheese into 4 slices. Place on potato cakes and broil until the cheese is golden. Garnish with sprigs of thyme and salad greens. Serve immediately.
Very tasty! I halved the recipe and didn't have any fresh thyme so used about 1/4 tsp dried with about 1 Tbsp fresh parsley. A couple of my cakes got a little too dark (ok, ok, burned actually); they were fine before I put them under the broiler...next time I might find a different way to warm/toast the goat cheese. Thank you for sharing your recipes with us dear Pammy. You will be sorely missed <3
Yum is all I can say. Quickly made, this still is something special. The thyme in the potato cakes is wonderful, I didn't look properly and used two tablespoons full which gave a wonderful intense flavour. Thanks for posting!<br/>Made for PAC Spring 2013