Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another cheap and simple student dish, one pan veggie meal.
Make and share this Potato Cake With Chili Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes; squeeze out as much liquid as you possibly can with your hands.
- Set aside on kitchen paper, dabbing off any leftover juices.
- Grate the onion and do the same.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan; tip in the onions and cook over a medium heat for 5 mins, stirring until soft and lightly golden.
- Stir in the potatoes and mix.
- Fry the mixture in an even layer for about 15 mins until cooked and golden underneath.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill to high.
- Slide the pan under the grill and cook for 5 mins or until golden on top.
- Using a spoon, make four dips in the surface of the cake.
- Crack the eggs into the dips, season.
- Scatter over the chili.
- Cover with a lid or baking sheet, place back on the hob and cook for 4-5 mins, depending on how you like your eggs cooked.
- Serve straight from the pan, with a sprinkling of coriander if you have it, and lots of crusty bread.