Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another cheap and simple student dish, one pan veggie meal.
Make and share this Potato Cake With Chili Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes; squeeze out as much liquid as you possibly can with your hands.
- Set aside on kitchen paper, dabbing off any leftover juices.
- Grate the onion and do the same.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan; tip in the onions and cook over a medium heat for 5 mins, stirring until soft and lightly golden.
- Stir in the potatoes and mix.
- Fry the mixture in an even layer for about 15 mins until cooked and golden underneath.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill to high.
- Slide the pan under the grill and cook for 5 mins or until golden on top.
- Using a spoon, make four dips in the surface of the cake.
- Crack the eggs into the dips, season.
- Scatter over the chili.
- Cover with a lid or baking sheet, place back on the hob and cook for 4-5 mins, depending on how you like your eggs cooked.
- Serve straight from the pan, with a sprinkling of coriander if you have it, and lots of crusty bread.