Easy to make tasty potato appetizer, snack, or side dish. Cheese and tomato topping on slices of potatoes. Adapted from potatogoodness.com. I used dried basil instead of fresh for the garnish; you could use one of the optional toppings posted here or create your own. I parboiled the small ends of the potatoes for home fries or you could keep them to add to soup.
- 453.59 g russet potatoes or 8-10 small russet potatoes
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 1.23-2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml ripe fresh tomatoes, diced
- 158.51 ml mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml fresh basil, snipped or 59.14 ml green onions or 0 fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line 2 baking sheets with foil; lightly oil.
- Slice potatoes 1/4-inch thick; discard small, rounded ends or see description of the recipe above for ideas to use them.
- Place slices in a medium bowl with 2 Tablespoons olive oil; toss well to coat.
- Add grated Parmesan cheese, salt and red pepper; toss again to coat as evenly as possible.
- Place in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, stir together 1 Tablespoon olive oil, tomato, Mozzarella, balsamic vinegar, and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Top potatoes with equal amounts of tomato mixture.
- Bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is just starting to melt.
- Sprinkle with basil or other garnish as desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.