Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Great use for left over mashed potatoes!
- 1 9-inch pie shell
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the broccoli and cook for about 3 minutes until just tender.
- Drain and run under cool water to stop the cooking process.
- In a bowl, combine the broccoli, potatoes, ricotta, sour cream, scallions, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Stir gently until mixed thoroughly.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell, smooth the top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika to taste.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until golden brown.
An easy to prepare and deliciously flavoursome dish which I doubled so as to stash some serves in the freezer. It freezes so well. Having had internet problems for the past month, and made this some time ago, we've already had one of the serves that had been in the freezer. It went into the freezer in step 7, was thawed overnight and then baked for the 60 minutes specified in step 8. Couldn't be easier. I used low-fat sour cream and the dish was wonderfully creamy. I also added some cumin and minced garlic and, instead of pastry, I used the crust from my Recipe #147047. Thanks for a super recipe, Kim. :)Made for Gimme 5!
This was a wonderful side dish to Kitten's Recipe #168529. I followed the recipe, minus the crust. This would be a wonderful main dish as is with a side salad - Ham or bacon would be a nice addition.
I really liked this Savory Pie! My husband thought it was a little bland. Instead of mashed potatoes, I used some leftover potatoes that had already been diced and roasted with carrots. I made http://www.recipezaar.com/Most-Incredible-No-Fail-Pie-Crust-28943 For the crust. I think I will make this again and add some garlic. Thanks Kim!