This is a wonderful, authentic recipe! Delicious! I like to eat it with dosai :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil potatoes with skins on (boil as you would for mashed potatoes, just until soft).
- 2Remove skins.
- 3Mash potatoes lightly, but not as you would for mashed potatoes!
- 4There should be nice small chunks in the potatoes but partially mashed.
- 5Heat oil on medium heat in a nice sized vessel; add mustard seed.
- 6let mustard seed splutter.
- 7Add chopped onion, and fry lightly.
- 8Add diced tomatoes and fry until soft.
- 9Add the chopped coriander leaves (or parsley), curry powder; stir and fry lightly reduce heat to low and add the potato; stir well and just heat through until forms a nice consistancy and spices have mixed in well (approximately 5 mins wont take too long).
- 10If the consistancy of the potatoes seems a little too dry you may add a little water- less than 1/4c-- Should not be watery, but nice and thick, only a little moist.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Bhaji
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.2
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 154.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 2.9 g