Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful, authentic recipe! Delicious! I like to eat it with dosai :-)
Make and share this Potato Bhaji recipe from Food.com.
- Boil potatoes with skins on (boil as you would for mashed potatoes, just until soft).
- Remove skins.
- Mash potatoes lightly, but not as you would for mashed potatoes!
- There should be nice small chunks in the potatoes but partially mashed.
- Heat oil on medium heat in a nice sized vessel; add mustard seed.
- let mustard seed splutter.
- Add chopped onion, and fry lightly.
- Add diced tomatoes and fry until soft.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves (or parsley), curry powder; stir and fry lightly reduce heat to low and add the potato; stir well and just heat through until forms a nice consistancy and spices have mixed in well (approximately 5 mins wont take too long).
- If the consistancy of the potatoes seems a little too dry you may add a little water- less than 1/4c-- Should not be watery, but nice and thick, only a little moist.