- 8 ounces chicken stock
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 8 ounces milk
- 8 ounces white wine
- 2 ounces onions
- 10 ounces russet potatoes, blanched
- 3 ounces bacon bits, save grease
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, to your taste
- 2 ounces flour
- 2 ounces bacon fat
Directions See How It's Made
- Caramelize onions in rendered bacon fat. Add flour to make a roux.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Reduce wine by half and add to stock. Incorporate stock and cream to roux.
- Burr-mix the soup until it is smooth and has a creamy consistency. Adjust seasonings along with salt and pepper.
- Prepare service, add bacon and garnish with scallions.