Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Australian Family Circle's 'Popular Potato Recipes'. If you're looking for a recipe for tzatziki, it's hard to beat Ravenseyes' Tzatziki or Kittencal's Tzatziki (Greek Cucumber and Yogurt Salad).
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and cored
- 1 small onion, grated
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to moderately hot (210°C/410°F/6 gas mark); cut the potatoes and apples into match-thin strips about 5 cm long (2"); place them in a large mixing bowl; add the onion, pepper, to taste, rosemary, garlic and eggs; stir to combine.
- Heat the oil on a round oven tray for 5 minutes; spread the potato mixture onto the tray; bake for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Cut the potato cake into wedges and serve with tzatziki or Greek yoghurt.