Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very hearty salad--one of my favorites. During the summer months, we grill steaks and chicken and this makes a great side dish. You could even eat it as a light supper for those hot summer nights.
- 3 medium red potatoes, unpeeled
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 ounces thinly slice prosciutto ham, cut into strips
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- salt and black pepper
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for 25 minutes or until tender; drain and cool.
- Cut into ½-inch thick slices, and then cut into quarters.
- Cook green beans in boiling water until tender; drain and cool.
- Combine potatoes, beans, bell peppers, corn, cheese, ham, and onions in a large bowl.
- Whisk together lemon juice, water, garlic, and thyme.
- Slowly pour oil in by a thin stream whisking the whole time. Pour over potato salad and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.