Recipe by beckoned
This is something my friend who is vegetarian made for me once. Of course I've added the bacon, but it's the same idea. If you have a frypan with a plastic handle, cover with aluminium foil.
Top Review by Ailsa of New Zealand
Just had the omelette for a light dinner with hubby. He loves it and I have so much ideas for what else to add to the filling with the bacon and potatoes, running around in my head. Peas, onions, mushrooms and maybe even green beans.
- 6 eggs
- 2-3 large white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2-3 slice bacon, diced
- cooking oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until tender. Drain.
- Beat eggs with about 1/2 as much milk.
- Fry up bacon in a medium pan with a little oil.
- Add potatoes and fry a little.
- Pour egg mixture over bacon & potato.
- Let cook over medium heat until just a little runny on top.
- Put under grill (broiler) to set top.
- Sprinkle a little grated cheese over and brown, if desired.
- Variation: Add pretty much anything you want, I've used frozen veggies and mushrooms.