Recipe by Divinemom5
A sophisticated, grown-up pizza. Vegetarian and could be vegan if you use soy cheese.
Top Review by Barbk
I used triple the garlic as I found that 2 cloves really don;t mash up into the amount of paste needed to spread on the dough and on top of the potato layer. I also used more parmesan and arugula. Crisp and tasty, a garlic lovers treat!
- 1 pizza dough
- 1 1⁄4 lbs potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and mashed to a paste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup arugula leaf, stemmed and cut into strips (can substitute spinach)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel potatoes and slice into thin rounds.
- Arrange slices on lightly oiled baking sheet; brush with 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Transfer to platter, salt to taste.
- Increase oven to 500°.
- Roll out pizza dough to 14 inch round, dust baking sheet with cornmeal, place dough on sheet.
- Brush dough with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 of the garlic paste; sprinkle with pepper flakes.
- Arrange potatoes on crust, overlapping.
- Brush remaining oil and garlic over potatoes, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until pizza is deep golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with arugula or spinach.