Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is from my Mom's recipe cards. I have not tried it. The servings and cooking times are all estimates.
- 5 -7 lbs rump roast
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 carrots, cut julienne style
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen Italian cut green beans
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- Brown meat in lard.
- Pour off drippings.
- Combine salt, pepper and oregano.
- Combine with meat.
- Add onion and carrots.
- Mix flour and water.
- Add water mixture.
- Cover tightly and cook slowly 2 1/2 hours.
- Add green beans.
- Cook 15 minutes or until meat is tender and vegetables are done.
- Remove meat and vegetables to a heated serving platter.
This was a truely excellent roast... so tender it just fell apart... will definately be doing my roasts this way from now on :) thankyou!