1/1 Photo of Portuguese Piri Piri Chicken
24 hrs 50 mins
Posted by request; from The Complete Canadian Living Cookbook. Prep time includes LOTS of marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large glass bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken; mix well.
- 2Add chicken, turning to coat.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, turning occasionally; can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours if you want to make it ahead.
- 4Reserving marinade, place chicken, skin side down, on a greased grill over medium heat; close lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- 5Turn and brush with marinade; cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
- 6For a less spicy version, replace above marinade with Portuguese Paprika Marinade: 1/3 cup dry white wine, 1 tsp grated lemon rind, 3 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp tomato paste, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce, and 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Piri Piri Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (530 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1151.3
- Calories from Fat 739
- Total Fat 82.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 375.0 mg
- Sodium 642.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 93.6 g