Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A lovely low-carb brunch of mushrooms, chorizo and eggs.
- 4 large flat portabella mushrooms
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces chorizo sausage, sliced about 1/2in slices
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 8 ounces small mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 eggs
- flat leaf parsley, salad to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wipe the mushrooms and remove the stalks. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place in a roasting tin or on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1½ tablespoons of the olive oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until becoming soft.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a pan and fry the chorizo until golden.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until beginning to soften.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and the stalks and cook until the mushrooms are tender and pan is quite dry - about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add the chopped parsley.
- Poach the eggs in simmering water.
- Divide the cooked mushroom mixture between the roasted portabello mushrooms.
- Now lay on the freshly cooked poached egg and serve with flat leaf parsley salad.