Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adopted 9/15 Can be done either on a grill, roasted in the oven or under the broiler.
Make and share this Portabella and Asparagus Fajitas recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs portabella mushrooms, stemmed
- 32 asparagus spears, woody stems trimmed off
- 1 cup julienned roasted red peppers or 1 cup green bell pepper
- sweet chipotle salad dressing
- For fajitas: Marinate portabellos and asparagus in the dressing for 30 minutes.
- Grill or roast or broil mushrooms and asparagus until done.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Serve with tortillas, guacamole, salsa, sour cream and whatever else you like.
Very good, just as grilled veggies or as fajitas.
Wow. I did it with half the oil (and some water) and they were perfect. Great summer night variation of the fajita.
Healthy and delicious --and vegan if you can imagine that LOL. The asparagus and "meaty" portobello have a lovely flavor after being roasted in the chipotle dressing. The roasted red peppers are a nice touch. I had in low carb whole wheat tortillas and added guacamole.