Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
makes 3 ½ pounds Jellies, James & Chutneys – Preserving the Harvest
- 3 cups red port wine
- 3 oranges, juice and zest of
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 1⁄4 lbs sugar
- 9 ounces liquid pectin
- Put the port, orange and lemon juice and sugar in a large non-reactive pot and bring to a boil.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, bring the mixture to a full rolling boil and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the pectin and boil for 2 more minutes, skimming off any foam.
- Turn off the heat and test for set. If the jelly has reached the setting point, stir in the orange and lemon zest. Boil for 30 seconds.
- Turn off the heat and let stand for 3-4 minutes then ladle into sterilized jars.