Prep 2 hrs
Cook 25 mins
Very Flavorful. Pretty to serve for guests or family.
Make and share this Pork with Cranberry Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (1 3/4 lb) pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and silver skin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 cups cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 comice pear, cored and diced
- 1 cup sweet pineapple, diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Season port with 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Combine 1/2 cup cilantro, the cumin seeds and garlic, and chop very finely.
- Spread evenly over the tenderloins, wrap each separately in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Salsa: In a bowl, mix berries, syrup, chiles, scallions.
- Cover and let stand 2 hours, then stir.
- Add remaining salsa ingredients Preheat oven to 400F.
- Unwrap pork.
- In a nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat oil over high heat.
- Add port and cook 9-10 minutes turning over about 4 times to brown.
- Discard fat Roast pork in skillet in oven 10-12 minutes or until the pork registers 150F.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- Season with remaining salt and pepper.
- Slice and serve with salsa.
I just came to Zaar to post this recipe and am so glad it's already here! I cut this out of a magazine several years ago and have made it many, many times. My family loves it and it's a favorite to serve to guests as well. My changes: I use 1/8 tsp cumin powder rather than seeds, use unpure maple syrup and canned pineapple. It is WONDERFUL!! I also make this using pork chops and pork roast if I don't have a tenderloin. The salsa is awesome on any kind of pork! I like to serve this with long grain & wild rice and sugar snap peas. Thanks for posting!