From Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano chili, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 4 cups hot brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon regular grind coffee
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1Heat oil in a big skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add in onion, stir/saute for 5 minutes.
- 3Add in ginger, garlic, and serrano pepper; stir/saute 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in molasses.
- 5Remove pan from heat; carefully stir in rum.
- 6Cook mixture 2 minutes.
- 7Stir in brewed coffee, ground coffee, cinnamon, and cocoa.
- 8Bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 1 1/2 cups (about 20 minutes).
- 9Remove pan from heat; let cool.
- 10Transfer mixture to the container of a blender; process until smooth.
- 11Stir in butter and salt.
- 12Trim any visible fat from pork; cut pork, lengthwise into 8 (1/2-inch wide) strips.
- 13Thread pork strips onto 8 (10-inch) skewers.
- 14Prepare grill; place kebabs on grill rack that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness, turning and basting often with coffee mixture.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Tenderloin With Costa Rican Coffee Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.1
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 215.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 23.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
regular grind coffee