Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A recipe from my Mr. Yoshida's Fine Sauces Cookbook which I haven't tried yet. I'd serve this with rice. Cooking time includes 30 minutes marinating time.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup Yoshida gourmet sauce
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 dried apricots, diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Bring water and apricots to a simmer in a small saucepan; remove from heat.
- Let apricots sit for 5 minutes; drain, reserving water.
- Set apricots aside.
- Mix water from apricots, olive oil, mustard, ginger, honey, Gourmet Sauce, and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Pour marinade over pork slices, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet.
- Remove pork slices from marinade and brown on each side 3-4 minutes.
- Add marinade and apricots to skillet and bring to a gentle boil.
- Mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water; add to skillet; cook stirring till sauce is thickened.
- Serve with rice.