1 hr 15 mins
Medallions of pork bake on creamy risotto. This risotto method cuts both the usual cooking and stirring times. From Canadian Living Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 pork tenderloin, 1-1/2 pounds total
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat.
- 2Fry the onion, garlic, mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoons each of the salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until softened and the mushroom liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the rice and stir to coat the grains.
- 4Add the stock and wine and bring to a boil.
- 5Cover and reduce the heat to low; cook, stirring once, until the rice is almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- 6Add the peas and parmesan cheese.
- 7Scrape into a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- 8Meanwhile, cut the pork into 2" thick slices.
- 9With a meat mallet, pound to 1/4" thickness. Sprinkle both sides with rosemary and the remaining salt and pepper.
- 10In a skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat and brown the pork.
- 11Arrange on top of the risotto.
- 12To make the topping, stir together the bread crumbs, pine nuts and parsley, then drizzle with the butter, tossing to combine.
- 13Sprinkle over the pork.
- 14Cover with foil and bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20 minutes.
- 15Uncover and bake until the topping is golden, about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Tenderloin Risotto Bake
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.7
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 589.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: