Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From the Unwatched Pot. Maiale affogato or Italian for "drowned pork" Don't use "petite" diced tomatoes, it will be too watery. Use whole tomatoes.
- 3 lbs pork, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 green bell peppers, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 16 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Heat oil in skillet and saute garlic. Add meat and brown lightly.
- Place vegetables in crock pot. Add meat and seasonings. Pour in wine.
- Cook on low 6-7 hours or high 3-4 hours.