Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A hearty pork stew that's been in my family for three generations. It's my kids favorite recipe. The strudels (egg noodles) are what make it. I can remember there never being enough of them!
- Melt butter in large pot.
- Saute garlic, onion & potatos for 5 minutes.
- Add pork and brown.
- Transfer ingredients into large roaster & add mushrooms, frozen peas,spices and enough water to cover about two inches from top. Cover.
- Place in a 350 degree oven and cook for 1 hour.
- Prepare Strudels.
- Beat eggs & salt together in large bowl.
- Slowly add enough flour until dough comes away from the sides of bowl but is still slightly sticky.
- Knead dough on a flour board for 3 minutes.
- Roll dough out until about an inch thick.
- Grease dough with butter.
- Cut dough into two inch strips and roll into noodles.
- 15 minutes before serving place studels into stew making sure they are covered by liquid in stew. Cover.
- When done remove noodles onto a plate.
- Serve stew and enjoy both.
- If stew is still too thin a rue of butter and flour can be added to thicken it.