Crock Pot Beer & Lamb Stew (Irish Stew)
photo by Tibz07
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) bottle beer (I use Miller Genuine Draft)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken stock
- 2 lbs lamb shoulder
- 1 cup flour (For Dredging Lamb)
- 2 carrots
- 3 celery ribs
- 2 1⁄2 lbs small golden yukon gold potatoes
- 1 white onion
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar (optional)
- 1 salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 seasoning salt (optional)
- If your Lamb Shoulder has bone, then cut the meat from the bone and chop into 1 inch cubes. Season with Salt and Pepper, then dredge with flour & add to crock pot.
- Chop Onion into large pieces, and Celery & Carrots into manageable sizes and add to the crock pot on top the lamb.
- Mix the beer and chicken stock together with the Garlic powder, Onion Powder, Rosemary, and Vinegar (if you choose to use it) then pour into crock pot over everything.
- Chop Potatoes into bite size pieces and place in crock pot and place the lid on.
- Cook on Low for 7 hours.
- After 7 hours remove some liquid and mix with cornstarch until all mixed well, then combine with the contents of the crock pot, then continue cooking on low for 1 hour.
- (for an additional flavor boost after it's done cooking go ahead and mix in some seasoned salt.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just a normal guy that loves cooking, I'll upload some recipes that I know and that I have enjoyed.