Crock Pot Hearty Pork Stew
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A warm winter time meal served with homemade rye bread. MMMMM.....good.
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork loin roast, cut 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, cut into pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups peeled parsnips, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled butternut squash, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaf
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- In a 4 to 5 quart slow cooker, mix together all the ingredients except the flour and margarine.
- Cover and cook on Low heat 6 to 7 hours or until pork is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Mix flour and margarine; gradually stir into stew until well blended.
- Turn slow cooker to high and cook for an additional 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delicious and so easy -- this recipe is also good for minor changes! I used all the vegetables suggested, but probably in different amounts. I also used dried spices with great results. Next time I may use a bit less butter -- but no other changes! Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having again soon!Reply