Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I am posting for ZWT, so untried by me yet. This is a recipe from Publix Grocery Stores, it states: "Complete your meal with red beans, sourdough bread, and a chocolate dessert. Adobo is a flavorful, but not hot, seasoning blend used in Caribbean recipes. Use to season meat before grilling or mix with avocado and dash of lemon juice for quick guacamole." Here is a link to the recipe: http://www.publix.com/aprons/meals/EthnicCuisine/SimpleMeal.do?mealId=1218&mealGroupId=1320
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 pork cube steaks (about 1 1/2 lb, Spanish-style)
- 5 ounces yellow onions, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning (Spanish seasoning)
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place 2 tablespoons of the oil in pan, then add pork steaks; cook 3–4 minutes on each side or until browned and pork is 145°F Remove from pan and cover to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium; add remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil, onions, adobo, and garlic to pan.
- Squeeze juice of one-half lemon into pan (about 2 tablespoons); cook 5–6 minutes or until onions are tender. Serve sauce over pork steaks.