1 hr 23 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe comes from page 18 of the October 2008 Natural Solutions magazine. Note that the cooking time includes the time it takes to cook the squash, which has to be done before preparing the recipe. Once the squash is cooked, the recipe is pretty quick to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the squash ahead of time (bake it at 400 for about an hour, then use a fork to scrape along the flesh, making "noodles").
- 2In a sauce or stock pan, brown the pork and garlic cloves in the sesame oil.
- 3Add the gingerroot, soy sauce, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, and chicken broth.
- 4Stir in the squash and green onions.
- 5Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until heated through.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork & Squash "noodle" Soup
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.7
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 2664.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 35.8 g