Recipe by Steve2702
My Aunt prepared thia a few years ago, I enjoyed it then & have just found the recipe again, its good served with Rice
- 24 prunes
- 300 ml dry white wine
- 2 pork tenderloin
- 50 g butter
- seasoned flour, for dusting
- 1 tablespoon red currant jelly
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the Prunes in the White wine overnight.
- Slit open the Prunes & remove the stone.
- Slice each Tenderloin into 9 Discs (approx 1 inch thick).
- Heat the Butter in a large frying pan & fry the Pork for Approx 4 mins on each side or until tender (May need to be done in Two batches. Arrange on a Serving dish & Keep warm.
- Pour any excess fat from the pan, Return to the heat & pour in the wine used for soaking the Prunes, bring to the boil scraping in all the meaty residues. Stir in the Red curent Jelly & boil hard over a high heat until reduced to a Syrupy consistancy.
- Stir in the cream & reduce the sauce until nicely thickened.
- Add the Splash of Lemon juice & season to taste with Salt & Pepper.
- Dot the Prunes around the Pork & Pour over the Sauce.
- Serve at once on a bed of Rice.