Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Grounded pork omelette is one of my favorite simple Asian dish. I made up this dish one day when I had 10 people to feed and everyone loved it. It is light and fluffy. Best to eat it with white rice and dip into Vietnamese fish sauce (nuc nam). Most of these ingredients you can find in an Asian supermarket.
- 1⁄3 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup dried Chinese mushroom (soak with hot water for half an hour then mince)
- 1⁄4 cup dried shrimp (soak and mince)
- 1 bunch bean thread vermicelli (soak until it is soft and mince)
- 2 stalks scallions (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nuc nam)
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- First soak each individual ingredients and minced. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and add sesame oil, fish sauce and salt. Marinate the pork and etc for half an hour in room temperature. Then combine the beaten eggs to the meat.
- I use a small pan for a round shape. Add a oil to the pan and fry each side until it is golden brown in medium low fire.
- Once it is done and serve with white rice.