I have never seen a Pork N Beans Cake recipe. I got this from my late Uncle and it tastes like a Spice Cake when completed. I had my doubts, but it is a very good and great cake to fool people with when they try it. Very easy to make great for company functions.
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 453.59 g pork & beans
- 226.79 g crushed pineapple
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml butter
- 453.59 g box confectioners' sugar (10x Small Box)
- 453.59 g bag pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together.
- Combine the above mixture with eggs, sugar, and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Mash drained beans and pineapple to the mixture. You could use a blender for this part and probably would be better to get a smooth bean mixture.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until toothpick test comes out clean.
- Cool for 25 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients except 1/2 of the pecans; spread between layers, or if a bundt cake style, over the whole thing.
- Once icing on top, sprinkle remaining pecans.