Recipe by RedShirt
I have never seen a Pork N Beans Cake recipe. I got this from my late Uncle and it tastes like a Spice Cake when completed. I had my doubts, but it is a very good and great cake to fool people with when they try it. Very easy to make great for company functions.
Top Review by Dessert Rose
This is our favorite spice cake. This cooked very well in a bundt pan. We don't do the icing, it does not need it. You can also sprinkle with powdered sugar for presentation. I have a bundt pan that looks like a mountain range, then I sprinkle with the powdered sugar on it looks like snow on the mountains!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 16 ounces pork & beans
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (1 lb) box confectioners' sugar (10x Small Box)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together.
- Combine the above mixture with eggs, sugar, and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Mash drained beans and pineapple to the mixture. You could use a blender for this part and probably would be better to get a smooth bean mixture.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until toothpick test comes out clean.
- Cool for 25 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients except 1/2 of the pecans; spread between layers, or if a bundt cake style, over the whole thing.
- Once icing on top, sprinkle remaining pecans.