Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
- Simmer the pork liver and pork chops separately until tender.
- Reserve cooking liquid from pork chops.
- Cool, cut both in small pieces and put through medium or fine blade of food chopper.
- (Food processor does not work well as it makes it too pasty.) Combine ground liver and pork, adding 1-1/2 teaspoo ns salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
- Mix thoroughly, taste and adjust seasonings.
- Add 1/2 cup or more of reserved cooking liquid to meat mixture, sufficient to bind but not soupy.
- Pack mixture firmly into lightly greased Pyrex loaf pan.
- Cover surface of meat with greaseproof paper and bake at 350 degrees F. for 1/2 hour.
- Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 24 hours to develop flavor.
- Slice and serve with toast points, melba toast, or make small sandwiches.