Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Marinated pork loin kebabs with shallots, capsicums and tomatoes.
- 500 g pork loin, trimmed and diced 30 mm
- 3 ripe tomatoes, skinned and diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, pureed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, pureed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 capsicum, chopped into 20 mm pieces
- 4 shallots, quartered
- 2 fresh tomatoes, quartered
- Add the diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, ginger, basil, olive oil and seasoning to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the marinade over the pork in a bowl and mix thoroughly ensuring that the pork is well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Soak about 8 or 9 wooden skewers in water for about 15 minutes then thread on the pork, capsicum, shallots, and tomatoes.
- Grill for around 8 minutes each side and serve with flour tortilla wraps and BBQ sauce.