Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Clipped from and old newspaper. I am going through my recipe boxes!
- 4 pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dried prune, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup water, cold
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Brown chops in skillet, over low heat, on both sides and pour off drippings.
- Combine water, vinegar, brown sugar, and seasonings.
- Mix well and pour over the chops.
- Add the spricots and prunes and cover.
- Continue cooking for about 40 minutes or until chops are tender.
- Remove from skillet to a serving platter and set aside.
- Add water slowly to cornstarch in small cup, stirring to blend.
- Gradually add this to the skillet and stir until thickened and well combined; about 5 minutes.
- Pour over the chops and serve.
I made this with trail mix it was very good I also used pork and beef which was good but the pork was better then the beef