Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another one of my clippings. Found this one on a jar of Prego spaghetti sauce. I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds good and really easy (a big plus!). Kind of like chicken parm. I am guessing at prep time.
- 1 egg
- 6 boneless pork chops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a shallow dish, beat egg. Dip chops into egg; coat with bread crumbs.
- Arrange chops in a 2-qt. oblong baking dish. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over chops. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 more minutes or until chops are no longer pink.
Very easy to make and quite good. I warmed the spaghetti sauce first before pouring it over the chops, as I wasn't sure it would be hot enough after only 5 minutes in the oven and I didn't want to overcook the chops. Nice recipe for a busy day. Made for Fall 2012 PAC game.
Loved it and I'm thinking, let's see, what are the things I can say in Italian ... ... ... never mind.
This is a great recipe. I bought huge sirloin pork chops at Costco so as you can see I used 3. One chop is enough for the 3 of us LOL I used italian seasoning. Of course, I baked them longer but I used a meat thermometer. It was so tasty with the spaghetti sauce and cheese. Thanks B&J'sGranny :) Made for the Best of 2011 cookbook tag game