Recipe by NELady
From Sharing Our Best - Valley County Hospital and Long Term Care, c. 1994.
Top Review by jill
This was a very easy, throw together dish asembled in about 1/2 hour or less. Yummy! Changes I made were to microwave three very large potatoes letting them cool, dicing them with the peels on and adding to the mixture. I used Creme of Chicken soup rather than Celery and also used low fat sour creme. Next time I will add more pepper and perhaps some caynne for a little more kick. I also used 1" thick chops so would up the baking time to 1 hour. I will definately make this again
- 6 pork chops
- 118.29 ml milk
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 680.38 g frozen hash browns, thawed
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 304.75 g can cream of celery soup
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml french fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chops; sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Combine soup, milk, sour ceam, pepper and 1/2 t salt. Stir in potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 cup French fried onion.
- Spoon into 9x13-inch pan.
- Arrange pork chops over top. Bake covered at 350*F for 40 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese and onions.
- Bake uncovered for 5 minutes longer, or until cheese has melted.