Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Sharing Our Best - Valley County Hospital and Long Term Care, c. 1994.
- 6 pork chops
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 ounces frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups french fried onions
- Brown chops; sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Combine soup, milk, sour ceam, pepper and 1/2 t salt. Stir in potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 cup French fried onion.
- Spoon into 9x13-inch pan.
- Arrange pork chops over top. Bake covered at 350*F for 40 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese and onions.
- Bake uncovered for 5 minutes longer, or until cheese has melted.
This was a very easy, throw together dish asembled in about 1/2 hour or less. Yummy! Changes I made were to microwave three very large potatoes letting them cool, dicing them with the peels on and adding to the mixture. I used Creme of Chicken soup rather than Celery and also used low fat sour creme. Next time I will add more pepper and perhaps some caynne for a little more kick. I also used 1" thick chops so would up the baking time to 1 hour. I will definately make this again
My family raved over the flavor of this casserole, with my DH pronouncing it "quite delicious". This is the ultimate high praise coming from him. I loved how easy the prep was, then just pop it in the oven and forget about it. Since DH does not care for the taste of sour cream, I used creme fraiche instead. Thanks for sharing such a yummilious recipe! We are already planning to make it again next week.
This was so good. A very enjoyable, "homey" pork chop casserole. It is great as written, but you it leaves room to add any additional spices you prefer. Another winner I will be making again!!