Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From an older cookbook.
- 1 cup dried apricot
- 2 cups water, warm
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 6 pork loin chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- Cook apricots in water until tender; drain.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and thyme. Dust this mixture on both sides of the chops.
- In a heavy frying pan, brown the chops, in the oil, on both sides.
- Combine the apricots and maple syrup and pour over the chops.
- Cover and cook 1 hour over low heat until chops are tender. Check to not overcook.