Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This dish is fantastic for pot luck dinners, having a few friends over or just spending the evening in with the kids.
- 6 pork chops
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml seasoning salt, divided
- 297.66 g cream of celery soup
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 680.38 g hash browns, shredded and thawed
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 14.79-22.18 ml hot sauce
- 85.04 g durkees French-fried onions
- Brown pork chops in skillet lightly greased with vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle with 1 1/2 Tbs seasoned salt and set aside.
- Combine soup, milk, sour cream, pepper, remaining seasoned salt, and hot sauce.
- Stir in potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 cup Durkees onions.
- Spoon mixture into a 9x13 baking dish, arrange pork chops on top.
- Bake covered for 40 minutes at 350 degrees, then uncover, top with remaining cheese and Durkees onions, then cook uncovered for approximately 5 minutes longer.
I made this for Sunday dinner. I got up early and prepped everything then assembled it and put in the refrigerator until I left for church. I left it on time bake and it was almost done when I got home. I put the cheese and onions on top and popped it back in while I finished up preparing dinner. I didn't use the hot sauce because I was feeding a 2 and a 4 year old, too. My husband loved it and the kids each loved a part of it. The 2 y.o. loved the potatoes and the 4 y.o. loved the meat.
I mistakenly bought the wrong kind of hash browns. I bought the cubed. It was still delicious and will become part of my regular cooking!
Would not put in the hot sauce next time.
If I were allowed to give this recipe more than five stars, I would! My fiance loved this dish. I didn't have the cream of celery on hand, so I used cream of mushroom and sauteed some celery in the left over chop drippings. Worked very well and I will make this again and again.