Recipe by Mercy
This recipe comes from the National Pork Producers Council. Cooking time includes marinating overnight.
Top Review by Lorrie in Montreal
Made for My Three Chefs 2008 Makes for a tasty moist piece of pork! I would cut down on the cider vinegar...maybe a 2/3 cup instead of 3/4.Also don't forget to season with some salt and pepper.I used thick pork chops rather than the pork loin because thats what I had on hand and I was'nt disappointed...I grilled them and the apple flavour with the cider vinegar is delicious with herbal undertones from the earthy oregano and garlic.
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1-gallon self-sealing plastic bag, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Seal bag and marinate in the refrigerator 8-12 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Remove pork cubes from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Pat pork dry with paper toweling; place cubes in a single layer, not touching, in a shallow baking pan and bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes, until pork is just tender and lightly browned.
- Remove to serving platter or chafing dish and serve hot as an appetizer.