Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An English twist on the middle eastern Koftas. Ideal for the BBQ
- 750 g pork mince
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
- 150 g black pudding (alternate ingredients -- replace the parsley & black pudding with freshly ground cumin and chopped d)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 medium egg (whisked)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, crumbling the black pudding. The soy sauce is used in place of salt, apparently it doesn’t dry the meat out like salt would and adds extra flavour (tip from the Chris Evans show on BBC Radio 2).
- Mix thoroughly by hand.
- Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Take a handful of the mix, place on wooden skewers and mould to shape.
- Grill/bbq turning gently every couple of minutes until browned.