Recipe by More Sunshine
Every once in a while I crave pork and beans and when I do I love to make this recipe. It has a slightly sweet filling and is topped with flaky biscuits and cheese for a nice flavor contrast making it almost like a pie.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 (12 ounce) package Hungry Jack big flaky refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup American cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef; drain fat.
- Heat pork and beans in a medium saucepan. Add brown sugar and ketchup. (Start off with 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar and 1/2 tablespoon ketchup, gradually adding more until it suits your taste. I like mine a little on the sweet side.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (the oven tempurature may vary depending on the brand of biscuits you use).
- Combine ground beef and pork and beans in a 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- Place biscuits on a baking sheet, baking them 4 minutes (just long enough so that the bottoms of the biscuits start to cook).
- Place the slightly baked biscuits on top of the pork and bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.