1/1 Photo of Pop's Roast Turkey Sandwich
I recently ate at a small lunch place in Southington, CT. I ate a version of this sandwich, although they used smoked pork loin instead of turkey. Obviously, if you happen to have any leftover pork loin or even roasted ham, feel free to substitute for the turkey. I made my own version at home, and the turkey was what I used (I also used the lesser amounts).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices cinnamon raisin bread, toasted
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter or 1 teaspoon margarine, to taste
- 2 -4 slices cooked turkey (thick slices)
- 1/2 teaspoon apricot jam, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise, to taste
- 1 -2 slice havarti cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 slices granny smith apples, thinly sliced
- 2 large lettuce leaves
- 1Lightly toast the bread and spread with butter to taste.
- 2Roll up the turkey into logs and place on one piece of bread.
- 3Top with cheese,apple slices, and lettuce.
- 4Spread apricot jam and mayo onto the other slice of bread and place on top of the other slice.
- 5Poke a toothpick on each side of the sandwich to hold it together, then cut through the center, on a slight diagonal.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pop's Roast Turkey Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.1
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 39.7 mg
- Sodium 409.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: