Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was craving Poppy Seed Torte, but didn't have the ingredients for a crust. However, I did have a frozen pie crust that needed to be used so I threw this together. It appeared to make enough for two pies. (Since I only had one crust, I put the rest of the filling in a bowl and ate it alone. Yum!) I served it right away but found the pie did not keep its shape. I put the rest in the freezer and that works just great to keep it firm. Cooking time is for baking the crust. I'm not sure of the time it takes to firm up in the freezer...
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup poppy seed
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Bake pie crust according to package and let cool.
- Prepare pudding with milk according to package.
- Fold in Cool Whip and poppy seeds.
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Put pie in freezer.
- Serve after pie has firmed up enough to cut into slices.
- Store pie in the freezer to keep its shape.