Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Another fun Light and Tasty magazine recipe. A healthier alternative to apple pie and still have that great taste.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup orange juice, cold
- 1 (8 ounce) package sugar-free vanilla pudding mix (cook-and-serve)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 6 tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt. Combine the eggs, egg whites and milk; whisk into the dry ingredients just until blended.
- Pour into a 10-inch ovenproof skillet coated with butter-flavored non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 450°F for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F (do not open oven door). Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until deep golden brown (do not under bake).
- In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk the orange juice, pudding mix and apple pie spice. Stir in apples and cranberries. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring once. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes longer or until apples are tender; stirring once.
- Spoon hot apple mixture onto crust. Sprinkle with walnuts. Dust with confectioner's sugar and serve immediately.