Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Deliciously different spinach patties that I am anxious to try.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3⁄4 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup corn flakes, crushed (or grain, flakes)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated
- Combine all ingredients, except oil and cheese in a medium mixing bowl.
- Using about 1/3 cup, shape mixture into 6 patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil; cook patties about 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Top with cheese of your choice.
This made a great lunch today! I didn't have corn flakes, so use cheerios. I halved the recipe just for me and ate all three patties! Thank you Geema!
This was another great way to serve spinach, any green would work. I doubled the recipe for my crew. I did not use the mayo or ketchup sounded off. I also used cottage and feta cheeses, keep the measurements similar. They all from 46 to age 4 asked for more. Tips: I put some crushed cornflakes on the outside of the patty also. It helped to form a crust on the outside and keep it together in the pan. Also whatever firm cheese you have will work, I plan to try a smoked gouda next time.