Prep 4 mins
Cook 1 min
From a low GI cookbook. Cooking time is mixing time. Given a low GI rating.
Make and share this Popcorn Nibble Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 946.36 ml popcorn (low-fat air or microwaved popped 30grams/1oz)
- 100 g dried apricots (roughly chopped 3 1/3oz)
- 100 g dried apples (3 1/2oz)
- 50 g milk chocolate chips (bits were specified 1 2/3 oz)
- 29.58 ml pepitas
- Put the popcorn, dried apricots, dried apples, chocolate bits and pepitas into a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Store the nibble mix in an airtight container.
DH loved the combo of sweet, salty, chew and crunchy. I did have to make one change in that I could not get shelled pumpkin seeds so used pine nuts instead (which all sank to the bottom of the bowl). A great guilt free snack that was perfect while watching the Olympics! Thanks for the post.