Recipe by PerverseLeigh
I noticed that there was almost NOTHING that had a popcorn coating so I hunted down a simple recipe that can be easily adapted to anyone's taste... although I haven't tried it on tofu, but that IS an idea...
- 1 cup popped corn (processed until fine)
- 2 ounces egg substitute (beaten) or 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt & pepper (or use other seasonings,)
- 2 -4 fish fillets or 2 -4 chicken fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Egg & Milk well, (if you are using herbs put them in the milk mixture.).
- Pre-heat frying pan with oil on med high heat.
- Dip Fillets in the Milk mixture then in the processed Popcorn to coat.
- Sprinkle on Salt & Pepper right before adding to frying pan.
- If you are using a more flavorful fish or chicken simple Salt & Pepper will due but with something bland like Talapia you may want seasoned or garlic salt and a pepper corn medley.
- Cook 5-8 min or until the fillet is white all the way through and coating is crispy golden brown.
- Note: I like left over popcorn because I'm frugal, but you may pop some fresh.