Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was my husband's favorite dish as a kid and when he shared it with me I loved it too. It's so easy and tastes great without a bunch of ingredients. Serve with bread and butter and a salad..yum!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 (32 ounce) can Campbell's condensed tomato soup (family size)
- shredded cheese or parmesan cheese
- cook and drain noodles;.
- brown beef with peppers and onion until done and drain;.
- mix ingredients in large pot and heat through, do not add water.
My mom made this for us when we were kids and we loved it. I used ground chuck and added 3 cloves of garlic with the onion. I like green pepper a lot but DH isnt a big fan and asked me to leave it out this time. The tomato soup was a store brand and it worked out well. Put this all together and let it simmer with the lid on for about 20 minutes. Added some shredded cheddar cheese and enjoyed! Sent some over to my parents and my mom asked for the recipe. Thank you Mrs. Missy for sharing a very tasty and easy meal to make!