Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple but extraordinarily good lunch salad.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup cooked lobster meat
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish, drained
- boston lettuce leaves or bibb lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (homemade if at all possible)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon crumbled dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground pepper
- Add the the chicken and next 3 ingredients to a mixing bowl; gently toss to mix; set aside.
- To make the dressing: whisk the mayonnaise, tarragon, and lemon juice in a small bowl; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken-lobster mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 1-8 hours.
- To serve: line individual salad plates with lettuce leaves.
- Mound the salad onto the lettuce leaves.
- Garnish with tomato and hard-boiled egg wedges.